The explosion-proof tools produced, sold, and circulated in China can be divided into two categories according to their materials:
1. Aluminum-copper alloy (commonly known as aluminum bronze) explosion-proof tools, the specific material is high-purity electrolytic copper as the matrix, adding an appropriate amount of aluminum, nickel, manganese, iron and other metals to form a copper-based alloy.
2. Beryllium-copper alloy (commonly known as beryllium bronze) explosion-proof tools, the specific material is high-purity electrolytic copper as the matrix, adding appropriate amounts of beryllium, nickel, and other metals to form a copper-based alloy. The thermal and electrical conductivity of these two materials is very good. The hardness and wear resistance of aluminum bronze after heat treatment is almost the same as that of beryllium bronze and can reach more than HRC30o. Beryllium bronze has no magnetism and can be used in strong magnetic fields.
Explosion-proof tools can also be divided into two categories according to the manufacturing process:
1. Casting process: It is a traditional manufacturing process. It is an internationally used process technology for manufacturing explosion-proof tools in the 1980s. It has been used in most domestic explosion-proof tool manufacturers. Advantages of the casting process: simple process and low manufacturing cost. Disadvantages: low product density, hardness, tensile strength, and torque, and more pores and trachoma lead to shorter product life.
2. Forging process: The latest international manufacturing process is made by one-time forging with a large press or punch and a high heat-resistant forming die. The advantages of the forging process: it can greatly improve the product density, hardness, tensile strength, and torsion force, basically eliminate pores and trachoma, and make the product mechanical properties and service life about twice as long as the traditional casting process. Disadvantages: large investment in production equipment and molds, resulting in high costs。
Tool applicable maintenance
1. Non-sparking tools bring safety to our workers in workplaces that are flammable, explosive, and corrosive, which makes our social safety more perfect and also makes our work Staff work more at ease.
After the non-sparking Hand Tools are used in our daily work, there should be a proper maintenance phase, which is very important for the life of the tools, because if the non-sparking hand tools are not properly maintained There are tools that can prevent us from serving us for a long time. First of all, we must store the tools in a dry place, this is to prevent damage to some parts of the work.
In our daily work, the surface attachments of the tool should be treated after 20 consecutive taps, and then use it after cleaning. Do not use it continuously, so as to avoid heating the tool due to long-term friction. May damage our tool products.
2. After use, clean the dirt and deposits on the surface and store it in a dry and safe place.
3. Percussion tools are not allowed to be hit continuously. If there are more than ten times, there should be a suitable interval. At the same time, remove the debris attached to the product part in time before continuing to use it.
4. Wrench products cannot be used excessively, and can not be used to extend the arm of force with casing or binding other metal rods, and to use the method of tapping with a hammer (except for tapping wrenches) to turn fasteners.
5. Cutting edge tools should be placed in the sink and lightly touch the grinding wheel for sharpening. Do not use excessive force or contact the grinding wheel for too long.
6. In the actual operation of knocking tools, the debris on the site and the corroded oxide on the working surface must be removed to prevent the third party from hitting.
According to the above performance and use, it is indicated that aluminum-copper alloy is more suitable for atmospheric equipment and environments with less stringent requirements for explosion-proof conditions (such as gas stations, small oil depots, etc.) during normal use. The applicability of the performance of beryllium copper alloy explosion-proof tools (such as oil refineries, gas transfer stations, gas production plants, drilling crews, etc.).
7. Before using various products, clean the surface oil stains, and use the tools according to the instructions.