Pipe Wrenches are clamp tools used to clamp and rotate steel pipe workpieces. It is mainly used for the installation and maintenance of oil pipelines and gas pipelines in various flammable and explosive environments. The pipe wrench mainly uses the taper of the jaw to increase the torque to bite the tube. Generally, it will automatically adapt to different pipe diameters and the plastic deformation caused by the stress exerted by the jaw on the pipe. Under the effect of reducing the pipe diameter, it can meet the torque without slipping.
Pipe wrenches are tools used to fasten or loosen iron pipes and fittings. The chain pipe wrench include a tong handle and a chain hinged with the tong handle at one end, and the front end of the tong handle is provided with teeth engaged with the chain. Further, the chain is hinged with the tong handle through the connecting plate, that is, one end of the chain is hinged with one end of the connecting plate, and the other end of the connecting plate is hinged with the tong handle. The teeth at the front end of the tong handle are distributed in a circular arc.
When the pipe wrench is working, the non hinged end of the chain is free and not fixed or hinged with the tong handle. The clamping and rotation of the pipe fitting is realized by the friction between the pipe fitting and the chain winding it, while the torque is generated by the meshing force between the local gear at the front end of the tong handle and the chain. The tong handle has no force application point on the surface of the pipe fitting. Therefore, the chain pipe clamp of the utility model overcomes the shortcomings of the existing chain pipe clamp, and can clamp and rotate not only metal pipe fittings, but also ceramic pipe fittings, thin-wall pipe fittings and plastic pipe fittings, without biting marks and damaging the surface of pipe fittings.
The pipe wrench is a common tool made of copper alloy. The following matters should be paid attention to when using it:
1) Select pipe wrenches of appropriate specifications according to the diameter of pipe orifice; It is forbidden to use pipe wrenches with damaged dies and cracks on the handle;
2) Before use, adjust the opening of the pliers so that the pipe pliers can clamp the pipe fittings, hold the handle of the pliers up and down with both hands, gently try to make the jaw bite the pipe fittings, and keep the center of gravity of the body stable when applying force;
3) When the tong head needs to clamp the workpiece, it can apply force to prevent the pipe wrench from slipping and hurting people. When moving the handle, pay attention to the bearing torque and do not apply too much force to prevent overload damage; It is forbidden to use other irons to beat the pipe wrenches to add force during use;
4) . it is strictly prohibited to lengthen the force arm (sleeve) at will. When using the force adding rod, the length shall be appropriate and it shall not be used beyond the range;
5) The pipe wrenches and adjusting rings shall be kept clean;
6) It is strictly prohibited to use pipe wrenches as copper hammers and use pipe wrenches to knock other objects;
7) . the workpiece with temperature exceeding 300 ℃ cannot be clamped;
8) It is forbidden to use pipe wrench as a ring wrench to disassemble various hexagon bolts and nuts, and its thread and die may damage the hexagon shape of bolts and nuts;
9) Pay attention to the use of chain wrench or belt wrench when disassembling and assembling various high-precision pipe fittings